- June 22 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
It would be great to see as many reps as possible (if you can’t come, try and get another NEU memb...
- June 22 @ 12:00 pm - 7:00 pm at Queens Gardens
Join us at the Engage for Change free festival on the afternoon of June 22nd 2019 in Queens Gardens, Hull. Music, food, trades union speakers and stalls and great fun for all the family. East Riding NEU are proud to be sponsors of this fantastic even...
Welcome to East Riding of Yorkshire NEU
On January 1st 2019, the East Riding of Yorkshire ATL and NUT divisions of the National Education Union merged to become the East Riding of Yorkshire district, representing educators working across the East Riding of Yorkshire.
Our new district will continue to build on the strong campaigning work we have undertaken in the past, working with other trades unions in the area to campaign for a fairer funding deal for education. The East Riding has always faced the challenge of underfunding and this situation is continuing, putting huge pressures schools, staff and children. We will also continue our campaigning for schools to be places of education, rather than exam factories that place children and teachers under pressure that is detrimental to their mental health. We regularly run street stalls around the East Riding.
We are affiliated to Hull and East Yorkshire Stand Up to Racism, Hull and District Trades Council and support Hull Pride and the Trades Council Engage4Change Youth Festival.
If you are a member, please come to see us at our meetings (see above for the next one), get involved with your school union group, sign up to join the members area of the website, join our Facebook group and keep checking the website for upcoming events.
If you would like to join the NEU, please click here to join online
- East Riding Schools facing redundancies due to funding freeze (1/22/2019) - Schools in the East Riding are facing a “cliff edge” due to spending cuts. Fifteen schools ended last academic year in the red and 56 redundancies were made in 2017/18. This looks set to continue this year. See our News page for the full Hull Daily Mail story.
- Indicative ballot closes on January 18th (1/11/2019) - Hands Up – The NEU indicative ballot closes on January 18th. If you haven’t voted yet, you can do so by clicking HERE
- Welcome to the new East Riding of Yorkshire NEU District (1/9/2019) - Happy New Year and happy new union district. On January 1st the ATL and NUT section of the NEU merged fully, so welcome to the new East Riding of Yorkshire NEU district. We have joint District Secretaries, Damain Walenta and Colin Cranmer. Our Annual General Meeting is on January 19th at 10am at The Tiger, […]